Skip to content

11th June 2014

Seat Pan Progress

Well, I’ve made a fair bit of progress, some of it forward, some backwards.

I spent a load of time creating a battery box mount in aluminium. I thought I had it perfectly, but I had not allowed for the support bars in the frame, so it’s not going to work.

IMG_4030

IMG_4049

 

So I’ve decided to mount the battery to the underside of the seat instead so I had to remake it.

Next I was trying to find some new brackets for the headlight as the current ones are bodge jobs and rusting. I thought these would work.

$_57

But sadly they were far to long. In the end I found some guy in Germany who cnc’d these.

IMG_4146

They are awesome, I’ve ordered a set of indicators from the same guy.  His site is http://thospa.de/thospa.html for those wanting to find out more.  I need to find some time to fit them, but I’m waiting for the indicators to arrive before fitting them.

Next up I had to paint the frame where I had cut and sanded back. I masked off the rest of the bike and went to work.

IMG_4064

After that it was time to work on the seat pan. I first bent the sheet aluminium to the right angles

IMG_4074

 

Test fit went well

IMG_4076

I then trimmed it to get the shape of the frame.

IMG_4128

I had created a new battery cage to be attached to the bottom of the seat pan

IMG_4162

I’m working on the mounting points for the seat pan. I’ve drilled through the cross member and put two nutsert’s into the seat pan as the main attachment point. I’m now making a bracket to also attach the front of the seat to the frame. Using the two threaded holes under the tank.

IMG_4160

 

Read more from Motorcycle

Comments are closed.