Rewiring Progress on the Z650/KZ650
Well some forward progress was made on the wiring. I took a couple of days of work to start making real progress. Unfortunately the British weather was well British which slowed things down.
I got out the tarp again to make some form of shelter to work under.
First job was to get the Dyna Coils in place. I had to order some nylon spacers from ebay and sand them down to the right size, but they now fit perfectly.
I also managed to get the battery and M-Unit mounting into place to make sure it would fit. Luckily it did!
Next up I fitted the Dyna S ignition. I’ve not set it up fully yet, but it’s in place.
Other jobs included a new mounting point for a new brake reservoir as the previous one was leaking. I knocked this up in aluminium, Also I had fitted the new switches from Highway dirtybikes. These mount directly onto the brake levers. Sadly the left one doesn’t fit so I had to use a different switch setup from the previous switch setup. It’s still cool looking but I wanted two identical ones instead of similar ones.
I’ve broken the back of the main rewiring, it’s just the final fitting into place of the main loom. I am fed up of seeing and working on cables and connectors now, but it will be worth it.
With a lot of the loom work I tried to merge things together to simplify things and make routes to the main loom easier. Such as this section of front indicators/horn and brake switch.
I’ve had a play with the M-Unit and it’s a great bit of kit.
My final completed job was to make a mounting point for the Motogadget M-Lock. I’ve put it down the side so I can easily get to it. It may move when I finally decide what to do with the side panels. As I think a hidden setup would be best.
Using the key is awesome, I need to get the glass vial fitted to my glove asap.
Not going to get more done this weekend, but hopefully I will get the final wiring done soon as I want to ride it!!