Skip to content

1st March 2015

Rain rain stay away

Well the weather forecast was not good so I decided to take matters in to my own hands.

IMG_5796

It was a great idea as it allowed me to work on the wiring in the dry all day.

I spent several hours rewiring the loom and putting new connectors on. It was a real pain to do, but quite rewarding.
IMG_5800
There is still more sleeving to do, but I ran out of my loom harness tape. So it will need to be finished when the new order arrives.

I did get a chance to wire it all in and test things like the new speedo.

IMG_5798

I also tested the new headlamp, but discovered a problem. The side light ring was working, but not the main or dipped beam arggggh!!! I was hoping what I had done already would have fixed that, but no.

I started attacking the loom with a multimeter to try trace the issue back to it’s source. I ended up back at the fuse box and this seemed to be where the issue was. However the fuse was fine which confused me. It took me a moment to work out that the issue was actually the connectors being old and rusty.

So I decided to replace the fuse box and see if that solved the issues.

IMG_5803

IMG_5806

That would be a big fat yes!

IMG_5807

I was so relieved as I’ve been trying to sort that issue out for some time. I even considered getting someone else to look at it, but I was determined that I could find out the issue.

So there is not much more I need to do before getting it MOT’d and back on the road:
1. Finish the loom wiring
2. Setup the speedo and finish the wiring of that.
3. Get the tank back on and filled with fuel.
4. Get her started!

With some good weather and orders arriving swiftly I hope to get that done in the next week or two.

Comments are closed.