Skip to content

11th May 2014

Progress on the Kawasaki

I’m still researching the kill switch issue. There seems to be a distinct lack of good looking switch gear. My favourite choice so far is from Highway Dirt bikes

Though I’m not sure how much they will end up costing when being shipped to the UK. There is a supplier just down the road from me with the silver ones in stock as another option. I would prefer to go for the black ones though.

I’ve not done as much work this weekend on the bike as it’s been absolutely foul in the weather department. High winds and rain are not conducive to painting. I managed to find some decent weather to start making my replacement battery box.

IMG_4003

I making it in aluminium, I’ve made a cardboard template of what I’m planning. The first piece has been cut and shaped. I am waiting on some 2mm aluminium for the more complicated piece, as it will make the bending much easier.

IMG_4004

My cordura has arrived for the seat, I’ve been trying to design how it will look with my wife. Neither of us is 100% clear on how best to get the look I want to achieve, so more research is needed. I also need to order some foam to start to make the base of the seat. The extra 3mm aluminium in the above picture is going to make up the base of the seat, I’m going to need to shape and bend it to follow the profile of the frame.

Comments are closed.