Skip to content

August 14, 2015

Carbs fixed but now something new

So I promised an update. Well Tim worked his magic on the carbs and timing. He got it so the bike stopped surging at mid revs and re-jetted so that the power was actually smooth line as the revs increased. Test riding it round the lanes and it was transformed into an amazing ride.

However as with this whole project my luck sucks, I rode in the center of town feeling very happy however on my trip the bike completely cut out with no warning. I managed to get it restarted, but the same thing happened three more times in less than a mile. I managed to get to my destination, but I was pissed off. Interestingly when I started the bike to go home it worked fine all the way home.

Once home I checked things through and with discussions with Tim, I think there is a dodgy connection to the coils. I will be checking the wiring through and changing old dodgy connectors.

I took a couple of pics of the shop
My bike hiding amongst many others. So many spares in this corner.
IMG_6929

Some drag bikes
IMG_6928
Another job I did before the trip to Tim’s was to sort two things on the rear of the bike.

1. A slow puncture
2. Replace the rear disc.

I managed to do both of these at the same time.

IMG_6850

Old disc
IMG_6848

New Disc
IMG_6847

New disc and wheel back on
IMG_6911

Now I’m back from holiday I can attack the wiring. I saw a camo Z650 when I was in the Lake District too.
IMG_6968

 

Comments are closed.